Sally Dominguez is an innovation activator and mindset strategist who has pioneered the ADVENTUROUS THINKING methodology. She is a former judge on ABC TV’s “New Inventors”, co-host of upcoming Foxtel show “Aussie’s Greatest Inventions That Changed the World” and author of the upcoming book, “EPIC Resilience”. She and Kris Østergaard speak about how you can create the optimal conditions for disruptive inventions.
Share this episode:
- 1:59 Introduction to Sally’s journey
- 5:27 Invention and innovation – when does what happen?
- 8:30 What is the state of invention today?
- 11:31 Value of frugal innovation
- 12:30 How organizations could innovating and invent in this pandemic
- 18:42 What is ADVENTUROUS THINKING?
- 26:18 How to apply ADVENTUROUS THINKING?
- 33:20 Why is parkour thinking a great tool for now?
- 35:07 How to make bearable discomfort bearable?
- 36:13 What is a multifarean?
- 37:46 How do you become a multifarean?
- 41:11 Using multifarious thinking
- 44:21 What creates epic resilience?
- 48:29 How do you translate this into your everyday life?
- 50:44 Advice for organizations to create epic resilience
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: