Amanda Manna, co-founder of the Uncommon Partners Lab, VP at Singularity University and former Head of Narrative-Driven Innovation at the Fortune 50 Lowe’s in conversation with Kris Østergaard on building innovation labs and the power of narratives in innovation.
Share this episode:
- 0:50 Introduction to Amanda
- 3:08 Beginning of Lowe’s Innovation Lab
- 6:59 Making the innovation lab a success
- 10:36 Introduction to strategic narrative methodology
- 14:40 Guide to applying methodology
- 17:10 Role of comic books in storytelling
- 19:11 Human psychology in the innovation loop
- 21:15 Funding an innovation lab
- 23:49 Having an offsite innovation lab
- 26:11 Fueling the innovation engine
- 31:07 Getting corporate on your side
- 34:14 Incentivizing employees outside of innovation
- 38:24 How to mix innovation with corporate culture
- 42:11 Introduction to Uncommon Partners
- 46:20 Upskilling of soft skills in the 21st century
- 50:29 How to continually challenge your linear mindset
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: