Fredrik Östbye, Group Vice President & Head of FutureLab at Grundfos, largest pump manufacturer in the world, in conversation with Kris Østergaard on his recipe for radical digital transformation in a legacy organization which eventually made his job obsolete and allowed him to pivot his career, team and organization to a new direction.
Share this episode:
- 1:50 Introduction to Fredrik’s journey
- 4:52 Beginning of Grundfos’s digital transformation
- 10:31 Five capabilities of Grundfos
- 15:01 Key tools to creating the digital transformation
- 20:48 How Fredrik made his first job obsolete
- 24:58 What is the core purpose of Grundfos today?
- 27:14 What it means to have a purpose at Grundfos?
- 29:34 Introduction to FutureLab at Grundfos
- 36:13 What ideas happen at the FutureLab?
- 39:27 Design process when building the FutureLab
- 44:45 Working culture at the FutureLab in Grundfos
- 47:51 How to find the right “crazy” people for your organization?
- 51:11 Innovation funnel for new businesses at Grundfos
- 54:44 How to know if an idea can develop into a sustainable business?
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: