Any information regarding you that can make us, directly or indirectly identify or single you out. Such information can be your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, image or date of birth
What topics do we cover?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company (“SingularityU Nordic”) collects the following data:
- Email Address
- Company Name
- Social Media Links
- Job Title
- Financial Information
- Transactional Information
You directly provide SingularityU Nordic with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
How do we collect your data?
- Register for our programs and offerings
- Voluntarily complete surveys for the programs or offerings you are enrolled in or provide feedback to our programs and offerings
- Contact us regarding our programs or offerings
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
SingularityU Nordic may also receive your data indirectly through the following sources
- Use of Google Analytics, a service that transmits our Site traffic to Google servers hosted in Europe. We use reports and data provided by Google Analytics and other website traffic tracking services to help us understand our Site traffic trends and usage. For detailed information see SingularityU Nordic’s Cookie Notice.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so we can:
- Contact you regarding inquiries about our programs, corporate partnerships, hosting an event, our summits or booking one of our speakers/faculty
- Send you marketing information, product recommendations, newsletters, and other non-transactional communications about us, our affiliates and our partners for purposes of conducting legitimate direct marketing
- Share your Personal Data with business partners, service vendors or contractors in order to conduct programs or offerings. For example: hosting websites, customer and faculty relationship management, hosting and planning program and offerings, assisting with pre, during and post sales related enquiries or support and delivering content
- Optimize and improve our website and services
- Administration of our services such as: hosting programs, renting event spaces, summits, booking of our speakers/faculty
- Send you administrative email notifications
- Send and manage invoicing
- Processing for the purpose of accounting and bookkeeping
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your Personal Data will be shared with the following third parties for the purposes of operating our business, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other purposes that are allowed by law or based on your consent.
The following third parties are being used with the stated purpose by SingularityU Nordic:
- Conference Manager, a Denmark-based company, to manage registrations and participant communications before, during, and after our programs and events.
- Mailchimp, a US based company, to send promotional material and newsletters to subscribers who have signed up to receive information regarding SingularityU Nordic programs and offerings
- Vesterkopi, a Copenhagen based printing company, to send nametags to be printed, which contains name, job title, and company/organisation/affiliation for participants of our programs
- Google cloud services, a US based company, to store data regarding our program and offerings and including your Personal Data if you have attended a program or have contacted us via our website or email
- In response to requests by a competent authority we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal obligations or meet national security requirements
How do we store your data?
We store your data on Google cloud services hosted in Europe.
SingularityU Nordic will retain your Personal Data for the period required to fulfill the purposes for which the data has been collected. The retention period of Personal Data varies, depending on the purpose for which the data is collected. Data processed with consent as the legal basis will only be retained for as long as there is a valid consent to the processing of personal data.
Contact you regarding inquiries about our programs, corporate partnerships, hosting an event, our summits or booking one of our speakers/faculty
Until the relevant inquiry and any following processes has been finished
Send you marketing information, product recommendations, newsletters, and other non-transactional communications about us, our affiliates and our partners for purposes of conducting legitimate direct marketing
During the period of our business relationship with you unless you opt out of this processing
When we share your Personal Data with business partners, service vendors or contractors in order to conduct programs or offerings. For example: hosting websites, customer and faculty relationship management, hosting and planning program and offerings, assisting with pre, during and post sales related enquiries or support and delivering content
During the period where we have a relationship with you and perform our services for you
Optimize and improve our website and services
Administration of our services such as: hosting programs, renting event spaces, summits, booking of our speakers/faculty
During the period where we have a relationship with you and perform our services for you
Accounting and bookkeeping
SingularityU Nordic would like to send you information about programs, offerings and updates relating to our business that we think you might be interested in, as well as those of our partner companies:
- Singularity University
- All affiliated Singularity University chapters and country partners
If you have agreed to receive our marketing emails and materials, you may always unsubscribe and opt out. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information regarding your personal data you believe is incorrect. You also have the right to request we complete information regarding your personal data you believe to be incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request we restrict processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that we transfer the personal data that we have collected of you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Right To Erasure
You are entitled to request us to erase any personal data we hold about you under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you make a request, we have 30 days to respond to you. Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us at email@example.com or call us at +45 60 11 22 44.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies for similar technology.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that SingularityU Nordic has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at +45 33 19 32 00 (please refer to their website for opening hours)
Exponential technologies are building the future today.
Want more info?
Coming right up! Please provide your contact information and share your questions with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We can’t wait to hear from you!
SingularityU Nordic, straight to your inbox.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for the latest news from the SingularityU Nordic world, including information on events, summits, programs, news from our startups, special offers, and more!