That's a wrap!
Thank you so much for helping us to make the SingularityU Nordic 2019 Summit a huge success!
We will soon have photos and memories to share with you from Summit 2019, as well as more information on Summit 2020 - watch this space for more information!
SECURE YOUR TICKET
(May 25 - May 27)
*A startup is defined as a company with a VAT number that is less than 4 years old and had a turnover of €500,000 or less in the last financial year. NGOs must be registered as a non-profit organization. Educational institutions include all public educational institutions and tickets apply for administration, educators, and students. All tickets are subject to random fact checks.
Day 1: Monday, May 27
- Pawa - Børge Strand-Bergesen
- TalentAdore - Saku Valkama
- Lupinta - Eslam Salah
- Work Ahead - Ilona Mooney
- RePack - Jonne Hellgren
- BroadBit Batteries - David Brown
Circularity and Crowd as a Driver for Impact
- Talk: Leveraging circularity for impact - Daniel Kaufmann, Sitra
- Talk: Circular heroes reinventing the fashion industry - Josefine Olsson, Accenture
- Talk: From 200 to 2 million innovators in 2 years - Magnus Enzell, Hack 4 Sweden
- Panel: How to RE:THINK and go circular - Daniel Kaufmann, Sitra; Josefine Olsson, Accenture; Magnus Enzell, Hack 4 Sweden
The Future of Biotechnology and Digital Biology
Moderated by Tuula Palmen, Co-Creation Manager, VTT
- Antti Vasara, President & CEO, VTT
- Geza Szilvay, Senior Scientist, VTT
- Matti Heikkilä, CTO, MetGen
- Tiffany Vora, Faculty Director & Vice Chair on Digital Biology and Medicine, Singularity University
- Joel Noutere, CEO & Co-founder, Sciar
- SpinDrive - Nikita Uzhegov
- Puro CO2 Removal - Antti Vihavainen
- Breeze Technologies - Robert Heinecke
- Planetary Architecture Research Studio - Tuija Pakkanen
- Bridgeport Developments - Anand Murthy
- BeResourceful - Jeppe Rasmussen
AI with an Impact
- Talk: Leveraging AI as a science research assistant - Anita Schjøll Brede, Iris.ai
- Talk: Harnessing the wisdom of crowds through telco data and AI - Tapio Levä, Telia; Juho Kalliomaa, Accenture
- Talk: Can technology help us improve mental wellbeing? (Accenture HumAInity) - Susanna Dillenbeck, Accenture
The Future of AI, Robotics and Exponential Technology
Moderated by Heikki Ailisto, Research Professor, VTT
- Jussi Kiljander, Senior Scientist, VTT
- Tommi Mäenpää, Digital Experience Lead, Deloitte
- Mika Vehviläinen, CEO, Cargotec
Day 2: Tuesday, May 28
- Zero Gravity - Olga Bodet
- Avalon Energia - Robert Nemlander
- 29k - Elise Lilliehöök
- Amplaffy - Elisabet Miheludaki
- Visuon - Jarmo Tanskanen
Living with Impact
- Talk: Leveraging crowd data for impact in city development - Kristofer Ågren, Telia
- Talk: Future of living - a smart home perspective - Patrick Malm, Accenture
The Future of Smart Living
Moderated by Antti Ruuska, Co-Creation Manager, VTT
- Matti Rautkivi, Director, Strategy & Business Development, Wärtsilä
- Anna Tapio, CEO, Housing Fair Finland
- Emmi Koskimies, Service Manager, FinDHC
- Aion Sigma - Jari Ala-Ruona
- HUGO - Artur Fjodorov
- Polisensio - Razvan Suta
- Headai Oy - Harri Ketamo
- Talk: Decentralized Consumerism and Abundance - Carin Ism, SingularityU Nordic
- Talk: IoT for impact - Tech in a decentralized world - Kim Escherich, SingularityU Nordic
- Talk: Alepa Block Wish: Leveraging consumer power - Teemu Äijälä, Alepa Block-wish (Korttelitoive)
The Future of Food
Moderated by Mirva Lampinen, Co-Creation Manager, VTT
- Ville Kotovirta, Senior Scientist, VTT
- Anna Nicol, VP, Xylitol Venture, Fazer
- Erica Liewendahl, Business Director, Paulig
- Martti Paatela, CEO & Co-founder, Epic Foods
- Psyon Games - Olli Rundgren
- Neosmart Health - Raghunath Koduvayur
- Baltia World - Liudas Mikal
- Hooves - Kari Kaario
- Reactored Languagelearning - Kari Savolainen
- LEO - Jared Fossey
- Arilyn - Emmi Jouslehto
- Talk: Transforming with confidence: Turning innovation into results - Anna Pustell, Accenture
- Panel: Leveraging Technology for Innovation in Legacy Organizations - Stephanie Huf, Division X Telia; Kris Østergaard, SingularityU Nordic; Pekka Koponen, Spinverse; Anna Puustell, Accenture
The Future of Work
Moderated by Nando Malmelin, Professor of Practice, VTT
- Katri Kallio, Vice President, Strategy and Business intelligence, VTT
- Anni Lintula, Chief Business Officer, A-lehdet
- Hanno Nevanlinna, Director of Culture, Futurice
*Schedule subject to change
MEET THE SPEAKERS
CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation, the world's leader in designing and managing competitions that incentivize technological breakthroughs that can solve the world's grand challenges. Anousheh also serves on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Council, is a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, and was the first Iranian in space.
One of the world’s top experts on technology disruption, innovation, and exponential leadership. Distinguished Faculty member and former Vice President at Singularity University. MBA from Harvard Business School and decorated Special Agent and Air Force Officer.
CEO of the World Identity Network advocating for exponential technologies to help fight human trafficking, modern slavery and all forms of exclusion. Former World Bank executive, leading the Identification for Development (ID4D) global program she created to help billions of people lacking a proof of their existence. Named Top 100 Most Influential People in Identity for three years in a row.
SingularityU Benelux faculty. Professor of Vascular Physiology at Maastricht University and Professor of Angiogenesis in Tissue Engineering at the Technical University Eindhoven. The first person in the world to present a proof of concept for cultured meat.
Dr. Susan Ip-Jewell
The leading force behind Mars Academy USA, Mars Without Borders, and Space Surgery Institute and is focused on development, simulation-based training programs, technological and innovative concepts, VR/AR sim training to improve quality of lives for space and Earth, and pioneering visionary ideas for human space exploration and future settlements on Mars and the Moon.
Captain and spokesperson of Afghanistan’s all-female high school robotics team. 16 year old Fatemah Qaderyan works to encourage more young Afghan women to join STEM fields and raise awareness about the importance of women’s education in Afghanistan. Fatemah has received numerous awards and recognitions, including Inspire Minds’ Humanity in Artificial Intelligence award and the Janet Ivey Permission to Dream Award.
Dr. Tiffany Vora
Faculty Director & Vice Chair on Digital Biology and Medicine at Singularity University in Silicon Valley. Holds a Ph.D. in molecular biology from Princeton University.
Singularity University faculty and founder of ReGen Villages, a Stanford University spin-off company creating the "Tesla of Ecovillages." The first Entrepreneur in Residence at the Stanford Center for Design Research, Senior Fellow at Opus Novum at NASA Ames, and appointed to a White House / U.S. State Department Joint Task Force on the Nexus of Food, Water, Energy and Waste.
SingularityU South Africa Faculty. Chief Digital and Innovation Officer. Recipient of The Constellation Transformation 150 Award, which recognises the top 150 global executives leading digital business transformation efforts.
Carla Cammilla Hjort
Co-founder and director of SPACE10, a future living lab in Copenhagen. Their overall goal is to create opportunities for a better and more sustainable way of living. In 2006 she started her first company, ArtRebels and have since added Rebel Agency, Trailerpark Festival, Social Service Club and SPACE10 to the portfolio.
Co-Founder and Chief Learning and Innovation Officer, SingularityU Nordic. Author of Transforming Legacy Organizations and translator of Exponential Organizations. Read the introduction of Transforming Legacy Organizations, which will launch in English at the Summit!
Co-Founder and CEO, SingularityU Nordic. Award-winning entrepreneur and international speaker on impact leadership and unapologetic customer perspectives. Co-author of The Fundamental 4s - Designing Extraordinary Customer Experiences in an Exponential World.
Dr. Habib Frost
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Founder and CEO of Neurescue, developing a groundbreaking new treatment for cardiac arrest and critical bleedings. Elected Forbes 30 under 30 in Technology.
Anita Schjøll Brede
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. CEO and Co-Founder of Iris.ai, one of the top 10 artificial intelligence startups according to Fast Company. Sought after public speaker, one of Inspiring Fifty Nordic's most inspiring women in tech. Named Top 50 European Females in Tech in 2018 by Forbes.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Advisor to VC's and startup board member in drone, healthcare and AR/VR space. Part of management team building a new airport and national drone innovation hub in Finland. Specialist in mobility cross industry and business model innovation.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Co-Founder and CEO of CanopyLAB, award-winning EdTech and AI company. First PhD to research how emerging technologies and particularly digital learning can empower refugees and migrants.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Ph.D. in biotechnology and academic background in cell biology, genetic engineering, and protein production. Specialist of Disruptive Technologies at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Works to radically democratize access to powerful biotechnologies. One of the world's most quoted experts on biohacking.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. CEO of Think Privacy and data ethics expert. Advisor to the EU and principal driver in creating GDPR. Advises corporates in regard to the use of the GDPR, Privacy by Design and ePrivacy Regulation.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. CEO and Co-Founder of the virtual reality company SceneThere. Shot the first VR movie in North Korea. Built several innovation teams at Nokia and Microsoft. Building the future of VR at Varjo.
SingularityU Nordic Faculty. Executive innovation architect at IBM. Has been architect behind some of the worlds largest IoT projects. Previously member of the IBM SWG CTO Team, a pan-european elite consulting organization focusing on public sector innovation.
LAST YEAR'S RECAP
If you missed 2018's summit in Stockholm, Sweden, check out our recap video for a taste of how awesome SingularityU Nordic Summits are!
Be the startup/scale up in the spotlight!
Is your company creating something exciting using technology to create an impact in the world? If the answer is "yes" then we think you should apply to have the opportunity to attend and potentially pitch on our Startup/Scaleup stage. This stage is in the center of the action where you will be pitching in front of Summit participants! SingularityU Nordic has now opened applications for 100 lucky startups and scaleups to apply.
If selected, the startup/scaleup will get the following benefits:
- Pitch in front of an incredible audience of powerful influencers
- Receive a free ticket to the Summit and 50% off code to share with colleagues
Become a volunteer!
We are looking for awesome volunteers to support us during the summit! If you want to help and learn while behind the scenes of a world-class event, we would be thrilled to welcome you to this year's volunteers team. Fill out the form at the link below and we'll get in touch! Applications close Monday May 6th at midnight!
Join the Team
Apply for a Summit Student Scholarship!
Telia Company and SU Nordic are sponsoring 100 students to join the SU Nordic Summit in Helsinki and it could be you! Click below to read more.
Become a student ambassador
By organizing a SU Nordic Live Stream Student event, you can create a unique gathering in your University that will unleash new exponential ideas, inspire and inform.
GRAB A VIRTUAL COFFEE
Talk to our Strategic Relations team to learn more about our 2019 Summit!