Chief Operating Officer
SingularityU Nordic is a sister organisation to Singularity University in Silicon Valley who inspires and trains organizations to leverage exponential technologies to solve the global grand challenges. We are incredibly busy. Therefore, we need a Chief Operating Officer to join our executive team and help us scale our impact and create the best workplace in the Nordics!
The job is a full-time position. We are looking for the right person to join our team as soon as possible.
About the job:
As COO you will:
- work closely with the executive team, the founders Laila Pawlak and Kris Østergaard, to develop strategy and scale a world class education institution.
- guide the tribes (our teams) in developing and achieving their OKRs and be their go to person by coaching and mentoring them.
- take lead on optimizing work processes to ensure smooth operations and support seamless execution and world-class experiences of our education programs with our tribes: Programs & Learning, Strategic Relations, Events & Community, Café, Administration, Facility & Operations.
- a person that others feel safe with and naturally look to for guidance.
- a visionary, planner and doer – that rare person that excels at both big picture and nitty gritty detail.
- unapologetic in your quality focus.
- highly ambitious, thrive off of being challenged and excited about joining an ambitious team.
- a person with near perfect proficiency in English (and preferably Danish), orally and written.
- already an accomplished leader.
- the possibility of being a key part of the executive team that is building a world-class education institution with one of the strongest brands in the world on tech, education, innovation and impact.
- a job where you will work with the Nordics’ leading-edge companies at the highest level.
- a work environment where the ambition truly is to make a positive impact in the world.
- a fast-paced, extremely ambitious and quality focused work environment where you will work hard, learn fast and have a lot of fun.
- an international environment full of the leading corporates, coolest startups and world class experts - perfect for building an even stronger personal international network.
- the chance to be a part of a super diverse team representing 10 different nationalities and ages 16-60.
- that only your own ambitions stand in the way of your growth potential at SingularityU Nordic.
More about SingularityU Nordic
SingularityU Nordic is a proud partner to Singularity University (“SU”) in Silicon Valley - a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle humanity’s biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all.
SingularityU Nordic is a B-corp
SingularityU Nordic is one of the few certified Benefit Corporations in the Nordics meaning we combine a for-profit business structure with social responsibility to best innovate and scale our impact. We make an effort to make sustainable choices, we thrive in diversity and we encourage a proactive approach to taking initiatives that improve the lives and experiences of our startups, partners, program participants, community and society as a whole.
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore we encourage anyone with a passion to create positive impact and see their qualifications, ambitions, and values reflected in the job descriptions to apply - regardless of e.g. religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
As a member of our team, you will have access to mind expanding events, work with some of the best experts in the world and hang out with entrepreneurs on a quest to solve humanity’s biggest challenges. With your mindset and actions you will represent a value based and strong brand and be part of a small team with big ambitions. We support each other to grow and we proactively take action to always provide the best, transformational experiences for anyone we work with.
Apply for this position:
Please apply for the position here.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please apply as soon as possible.
You can also reach out to Kris at email@example.com with questions regarding the position.
Date of posting: 2018/12/14