SingularityU Nordic is a sister organisation to Singularity University in Silicon Valley who inspires and trains organizations to leverage exponential technologies to solve the global grand challenges. We are
thrilled to announce that we are looking for an Administration Apprentice - a dedicated, driven, self-starting individual that has a passion for administration, attention to detail and thrives working under tight deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders to make sure everything runs smoothly for our team as well as the many users of our hub. The Administration Apprentice reports to our Office Manager.
In order to qualify for the position, you need to be taking an education as an administration apprentice or would like to start an education as one. The terms of the position would require that you sign on for a 2-year apprenticeship, of which you are expected to go to school for 20 weeks (or less), depending on the modules you are expected to take at a school that offers this education (example: NEXT kbh).
We are not currently accepting applicants who are not going to be enrolled in education as an administration apprentice.
If this sounds like you, please take a read below of what the job description is and click on “Apply Now” - we look forward to having you join our ever-expanding and exponential team at the campus!
About the job:
As an administration apprentice, your tasks will include:
- Responding to enquiries over emails, calls or in-person from our front desk, helping visitors checking in, and providing our clients with the information that they need.
- Assisting the executive team with planning travel, making itineraries and managing their calendars.
- Keeping track of stock and ordering material for team members from all departments.
- Assisting in developing our shop at the front office and pop up shop at events.
- Assisting with producing and sending out invoices, gathering the correct information and filling out contracts for office leasing and/or parking spaces.
- Taking part in finding new ways to make operations run smoother.
- Passionate about solving the puzzle of the calendar for colleagues with too much to do and too little time to do it.
- Love it when all things are tidied up, sorted and put in their right place. Not just because it makes it easier to find, but also because you pride yourself in keeping your workspace looking fantastic.
- Comfortable with being the first point of contact for our partners, clients, visitors and take pride in creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for them in our reception.
- Service-minded and helpful, and have a can-do attitude towards the various requests we get throughout the day.
- Great at communicating with all types of people via phone, mail, Slack and in person.
- Able to work independently and follow through on assignments, and ask for help when you need it.
- Close to fluent in speaking English - our office communicates in English and our team is international, and it is the most common language we use in an everyday setting.
- A job where you will work with Scandinavia’s leading-edge companies at the highest level.
- The possibility of being a key part in building a world-class institution that has one of the strongest brands in the world on tech, education, innovation and impact.
- A work environment where the ambition truly is to make a positive impact in the world.
- A fast-paced, extremely ambitious and quality focused work environment where you will work hard, learn fast and have a lot of fun.
- An international environment full of leading corporates, coolest startups and world class experts - perfect for building an even stronger personal international network.
- The chance to be a part of a super diverse team representing 10 different nationalities and ages 16-60
- Perks such as gourmet brain food lunch, awesome coffee, access to our fitness center, a café with rooftop terrace and access to cool events.
- That only your own ambitions stand in the way of your growth potential at SingularityU Nordic.
More about SingularityU Nordic
SingularityU Nordic is a proud partner to Singularity University (“SU”) in Silicon Valley - a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle humanity’s biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all.
SingularityU Nordic is a B-corp
SingularityU Nordic is one of the few certified Benefit Corporations in the Nordics meaning we combine a for-profit business structure with social responsibility to best innovate and scale our impact. We make an effort to make sustainable choices, we thrive in diversity and we encourage a proactive approach to taking initiatives that improve the lives and experiences of our startups, partners, program participants, community and society as a whole.
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore we encourage anyone with a passion to create positive impact and see their qualifications, ambitions, and values reflected in the job descriptions to apply - regardless of e.g. religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
As a member of our team, you will have access to mind expanding events, work with some of the best experts in the world and hang out with entrepreneurs on a quest to solve humanity’s biggest challenges. With your mindset and actions you will represent a value based and strong brand and be part of a small team with big ambitions. We support each other to grow and we proactively take action to always provide the best, transformational experiences for anyone we work with.
Apply for this position:
Please apply for the position here.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
You can also reach out to Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the position.