Dr. Shlomy Kattan is the Chief Advancement Officer of XPRIZE Foundation. He is also a venture partner at NextGen Venture Partners, co-founder of Kudo Learning and a former consultant with Boston Consulting Group as well as founder and editor-in-chief of Berkeley Review of Education.
Share this episode:
- 1:14 Shlomy’s journey to XPRIZE Foundation
- 3:32 What is the XPRIZE Foundation
- 6:40 What was the first XPRIZE competition?
- 10:25 Positive implications of running XPRIZE
- 17:26 How to design an XPRIZE competition
- 26:52 How XPRIZE teams are evaluated
- 30:34 Who owns the IP from XPRIZE projects
- 32:00 Why should corporates be interested in the XPRIZE
- 43:33 Do’s and don’ts of corporate partnerships
- 50:59 Principles to takeaway from XPRIZE
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: