Thierry Botter, Head of Airbus Bluesky and Deputy Head of Central R&T at Airbus, a Strategic Advisor to the European Commission, discussing Quantum Technologies with Kris Østergaard and why Airbus is exploring the cutting edge of technology in quantum computing to create the future of aerospace.
Share this episode:
- 1:37 Introduction to Thierry’s career
- 4:23 What business is Airbus in?
- 5:46 Research and design thinking approach at Airbus
- 8:48 Example of how they go from an idea to a process
- 10:27 Airbus Bluesky vs Airbus Central R&T (research & technology)
- 12:05 How do the different portfolios at Airbus work together?
- 14:06 What role does quantum technology play in the airline industry?
- 16:57 Three areas of quantum computing to prioritize
- 22:33 When would quantum computing accelerate?
- 25:04 How will we experience quantum technologies 10 years from now?
- 32:22 Role of quantum computing in global crises
- 33:53 How to experiment with quantum technologies
- 37:50 How Airbus structures their organization
- 40:37 Should companies consider using quantum computing in their organization?
- 44:06 What are you excited for in the future?
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: