Thomas Ramsøy, Founder and CEO of Neurons Inc and Applied Neuroscience Company, author of bestseller book, Leading Transformation, former Head of Research at Copenhagen Business School, with a PhD on the neurobiology of healthy ageing, in conversation with Kris Østergaard on the neuroscience of uncertainty, creativity and innovation.
Share this episode:
- 0:44 Introduction to Thomas’s journey
- 4:06 What is Neurons Inc?
- 5:31 How has technology enabled Neuroscience
- 8:20 How is COVID-19 affecting our brains
- 13:25 What is learned helplessness
- 17:16 Different types of stress
- 25:24 Creativity in the human brain
- 34:14 What is a creative potential battery?
- 39:51 Why does creativity decline with age?
- 42:60 How to relearn your divergent thinking?
- 48:34 Feeling safe to be creative
- 51:45 How does open office spaces affect us?
- 53:46 How to double down on innovation
- 57:06 How our brains adapt to new technologies
- 1:00:29 Zoom fatigue and two dimensional experiences
- 1:03:53 How to help children develop in this world
Read and download the episode transcript here
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: