Sune Stilling, Head of Growth at Maersk Growth, in conversation with Kris Østergaard on building the transport and logistics giant’s venture arm from scratch and the crucial pivots they made on the way.
Share this episode:
- 2:00 Introduction to Sune’s background at Mærsk
- 7:58 Early days of Mærsk Growth
- 13:00 Identifying purpose at Mærsk Growth
- 22:15 Three pillars of purpose at Mærsk Growth (New Businesses, Home for Ideas, Entrepreneurial Nexus)
- 28:40 How to support ideas in a corporate world
- 38:46 How does Mærsk Growth invest in startups
- 49:22 Bridging the corporate and innovation gap
- 56:36 Being a value creation focused venture arm
- 63:49 Connecting corporate and startup culture
- 73:55 Building an innovation culture at Mærsk
- 77:56 How to continually challenge your linear mind
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: