Pascal Finette, Co-Founder at be radical and Singularity University’s Chair for Entrepreneurship & Open Innovation in conversation with Kris Østergaard on how and why companies should use open innovation to structure their businesses, giving room to explore radical new frontiers while still keeping their core intact.
Share this episode:
- 1:06 Introduction to Pascal
- 5:12 What is open innovation?
- 8:32 About innovation funnels
- 12:45 What creates value in innovation?
- 14:39 Crowdsourcing, Y/N?
- 17:55 Developing ideas from market research
- 22:41 Disruption vs innovation
- 24:31 How to deviate from the expected as a corporate
- 27:21 Introduction to core and edge in businesses
- 30:31 Differentiating core and edge businesses
- 34:46 Sourcing for the right people
- 38:08 Startups working with corporates
- 39:57 Do’s and don’ts for corporates working with startups
- 43:26 How are venture arms investing?
- 47:17 Mindset to working with startups
- 49:47 Incentivising innovators and entrepreneurs in the organization
- 53:25 Future of innovation for businesses
- 56:42 How to keep up with a fast future
- 62:32 How to challenge our linear brains
Don’t miss out on new episodes
Subscribe to the Corporate Innovation Podcast newsletter and receive updates when a new episode is released every Monday.
You will also receive a weekly newsletter written by Kris Østergaard with reflections on the latest podcast, updates on other cutting edge corporate innovation related news and an introduction to the upcoming episode.
About The Corporate Innovation Podcast:
The Corporate Innovation Podcast, presented by Singularity University, goes beyond the “disrupt or die” headlines and explores how world leading innovators truly create transformation, growth and impact.
Join Kris Østergaard, Co-Founder of SingularityU Nordic and author of Transforming Legacy Organizations, in conversations on all things corporate innovation every Monday, here, or on your podcast platform of choice.
Connect with Kris on social media: